You may remember that last year we were asked to create our first ever ALL vegetarian menu - no meat in sight! Well since then, word has got around about Karen's wonderful veggie menu ideas - and we have many more planned for 2018 and 2019.
We thought we'd share some of Karen's creative menus with you all - no one will be feeling hungry that's for sure!
CANAPES & STARTERS
We usually suggest choosing four canapes per person - here are some favourites that we think will be a hit (even with the carnivores).
- Griddled halloumi & fresh pineapple salsa
- Mini chick pea burgers with tomato & chilli relish
- Mediterranean vegetable tortilla cubes
- Parmesan & rosemary shortbreads with sun dried tomato & basil
Veggie starters can be plated individually - or to create a more social atmosphere, some of these dishes work fabulously as part of a sharing starter!
- Miso vegetables & tian of rice with black sesame dressing
- Roast tomato & toasted almond galette with lemon dressed leaves
- Puy lentils, griddled raddichio & walnuts with Manuka honey
- Griddled asparagus and hollandaise with quail’s eggs
MAIN COURSE IDEAS
The options are limitless - here are a few our our favourites...
- Iranian vegetable ‘stew’ with dried lime
- Roast butternut squash and sweet potato with chilli yoghurt and coriander sauce
- Pea & mint croquettes with fresh mint sauce
- Three cheese & thyme tart with caramelised onions on dressed leaves
On the side...
- Crushed baby potatoes in their skins with butter & chives
- Parmesan & thyme oven chips
- Griddled broccoli & cauliflower in chilli and garlic oil
- Green beans & mange tout with toasted hazelnuts & hazelnut & orange dressing
- Cauliflower red grape & cheddar salad
If you're having a more informal day - the DIY dessert goes down wonderfully. We provide boards of chocolate brownies, shortbreads, Florenties & meringues and serve with fresh berries, whipped double cream, berry coulis and chocolates sauce, yum! We also create some great individual desserts too:
- Dark chocolate & orange mousse with Florentine
- Elderflower & prosecco jelly with edible flowers
- Tart au citron with fresh raspberries
- Eton Mess Sharer - A large glass bowl piled high with homemade meringues, whipped double cream fresh raspberries, rose petals & pistacchios. Drizzled with berry coulis.
If you would like your wedding day to be all vegetarian, get in touch! Karen will take the time to get to know you both and will put a menu together which perfectly suits your personalities.